Monday, October 7, 2013

The Temple and General Conference

Hello! Feels wierd saying that!

This week went very well!

On Tuesday, we went over to a lady's house who was a reference from Las Rozas and we taught her the restoration. And she said she just felt right and so I commited her to baptism and she said yes! The spirit was super powerful and everyday my grows testimony more and more. I love it! We set it for the 26th of this month! But in order for it to happened that day she needed to come to conference but she had to work! We will work with her on that. It's just super tough with Spain's economy. Hopefully she can come to Stake Conference next week. 

With this week and next I will have been to the temple grounds 6 times! Tons of travel! But it's a great place to be!
 
 

We also taught a member's husband, who is not a member. He knows everything is true except prophets. So we invited him to conference! Come hear one and see what you think! But he did not show up so we are going to try and watch it with him at his house this week. 

We tried to meet with Adriana some more but everytime we have gone she has not been there. It's tough because she has no phone! So we just have to go by everyday and check up.

We got some good contacts this week. With one, I went up and started saying all of this stuff in Spanish and then she just looked at me and was like, "I speak English, sorry." And I was just like, "Oh, I speak that too!! Way better than Spanish in fact!" We talked a little about families and she agreed to meet this week. We also found a lady who had talked to missionaries in Peru but then moved to Majadahonda and there weren't missionaries. But we found her!

That was pretty much all the work because we were gone 3 days. But other great things happened.
 Conference was absolutely amazing! So many great talks. We watched Saturday morning live then went home and then Sunday at 11  we saw priesthood session, at 2 the Saturday afternoon session,  then the Sunday morning session live and didn't get to see Sunday afternoon. So give me those highlights! Some of my favorites were President Uchdorf's on doubt your doubts http://www.lds.org/general-conference/2013/10/come-join-with-us?lang=eng, Elder Holland's because it gave me peace about having dyslexia problems because I grew from that http://www.lds.org/general-conference/2013/10/like-a-broken-vessel?lang=eng, Elder Ballard's was great for missionaries http://www.lds.org/general-conference/2013/10/put-your-trust-in-the-lord?lang=eng . I thought a lot this morning on how I''m going to apply all I learned as a missionary. I know this was said 1000 times but member references! Please do for the California missionaries what I pray for myself everyday! We can contact for hours get one person who in all reality has a sincere interest in learning about the gospel but member references more than always are sucessful because of the love that member has for them and how much they want their friend to be happy through that. It was just a super great conference. Cool getting a mini shout out from Ballard. Also Elder Dyches http://www.lds.org/general-conference/2013/10/wilt-thou-be-made-whole?lang=eng and Elder Maynes http://www.lds.org/general-conference/2013/10/the-strength-to-endure?lang=eng were here with Elder Ballard so tons of people I have met spoke!

Also, I need Sister Parker to send me a short Email on how to do family history for a guy we met. Thanks!

Well have a great week. I love you all! 

Love
Elder Stevenson

P.S. Got the package when we went to the temple. Thank you so much!! Tons of good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment