Monday, October 28, 2013

¡lluvia todo dia cada dia!


Mostoles Beauty!
Hola Familia! 

This week was very powerful, cold, and wet!!!
the cold day!

It was about 50 degrees and raining like every day this week! I had to have a coat, scarf, and umbrella. This just doesnt happen in California!

So this week. Monday right after p day, we taught a lady named Lupe. She is Spanish, 45, and has lived here for a while. She believes all religions to be true but was baptized Catholic. She has had a Book of Mormon since 1980 though! She showed it to us and it's super old looking! We taught her the restoration and she liked it. We met with her again yesterday and  that's how I know Mostoles is good because we finally had lession number two!!!! I havent taught it until yesterday! She invited her friend Jorge too and so we were able to get a new investigator from that. We invited two members to our lession and it was the wrong members that we thought and it was actually a less active who likes to bible bash. We had already taught the entire lession when they showed up and so while Elder Gillam was talking to Jorge the two ladies started freaking out and so I had to do something to fix it. I stopped them and just bore my testimony and just promised Lupe the blessings of reading and praying. It was one of the most spiritual things I have ever felt in my life. And I know she felt it too. She doesn't want to change but I asked her if God tells her these things are true if she would be baptized? And she said yes. So we kind of have a date. We meet with her Wednesday. Elder Gillam hadn't heard anything I said but when we were walking he asked what happened. Because he said he was just hit with the spirit. It's things like this that just solidify my testimony and make me want to share it at all times. 
All of the Rain!

Wednesday, we taught a man named Juan Carlos. he is 34, Spanish, and is Christian. He was the very first person we had talked to in Mostoles. He was on his bike and started yelling ´´testigos!!´´ (jehovas witness) and so I had to clarify. We talked a bit and he invited us over. Turns out he lives with an inactive member whose active parents just so happened to randomly stop by when they haven't done that in 2 months. Super awesome lession. The spirit was super powerful there too and he wants to change super bad. He feels the truth with us. We meet with him again Wednesday.
 
Elder Malan and his trainee
 

Thursday, I went on companion exchanges with Elder Smith. It was a day just for finding and we found. 9 new references!

Don't fall asleep on the train.    = D

We taught one on Saturday. Juan. Professor of Physics at a university here. 30 and once again Spanish! He lived in Maryland for years doing research so he speaks fluent English and prefered that. we taught the restoration relating it to science in a way. He loved it and has tons of super powerful questions. We are meeting again Tuesday, Saturday, and Sunday because that's when he's open and he just wants to hear from us.

Other than that we taught English classes, family home evenings, and we did some door knocking and have had quite some success! It's easier to talk to people indoors right now!

Well that was my week. Super powerful like I said and a great start up to our new area. I thought I would share some things I learned this week too. We also had stake conference because we switched stakes. One man spoke and he talked about a digital diet just like we would a regular diet and also not to pull others down. Just becoming better people. This morning I was reading in Jacob 5 talking about the olive tree and it really relates well to missionary work. I challange you to study it this week. Learn from digging deep into it. also there is a thing I found in my study journal that I wrote in the mtc that's  good guidance. 

"The Spirit is not an intruder. He is our guest. What do we do for guests? We prepare. Clean the house, prepare ourselves, make everything as perfect as possible. when we invite, he will come in."

Have a great week everyone. Thanks for the birthday wishes! Dad hope all goes well with your foot and I was actually going to play basketball today but felt like we shouldn´t but when I play I will be safe. Happy Halloween!

Love,
Elder Stevenson
 
PS  The other elders in our old ward go to Maja once a week. Love you Mom, glad to be your baby.
 

Good thing I can cook. We have been making beautiful food creations lately- Thanks for teaching me to cook!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment