Monday, February 23, 2015

The Great Plan of Happiness

Hello Family

This week has been a very special week very spiritual.

On Wednesday, we had the opportunity to meet with Elder Dyches from the Second Quorum of the 70. We had a great meeting talking a lot about pure testimony, diligence, motives-pure desire to serve the Lord, becoming master teachers, and gaining the trust of members. It was a very good meeting we learned a lot that we can apply to missionary work.

The next day, we had the mission leadership counsel and Elder Dyches was there as well. We talked a lot about desires and agency. How to not let the things around us affect us. A lot of times missionaries blame the area or companions or the members. The lazy man finds an excuse the dedicated man finds a way. It was a very inspiring meeting that can really help us all in all times.
 
 
It was really surprising for me as well to hear of grandpa's passing. President Jackson called right before personal study and I had planned that day to study more of the Plan of Salvation because that is what we were to be teaching our investigator that day. As President Jackson told me the news, I was calm; completely calm. I sat there for the first couple of minutes and just stared at a picture I have in Preach My Gospel of Jesus Christ standing with his arms wide spread.
 

 
That was my study on the Plan of Salvation. The spirit and peace I felt knowing that he is O.K. in the spirit world with his eternal companion was just what I needed to be able to declare to that investigator the truth of these things. I always loved grandpa because that's all he ever did to anyone else, declare the truth of these things. I'm thankful for the knowledge I have that he will be with grandma forever.
Some of my favorite scriptures are found in Alma. I love how he describes what Jesus has taken for us. in chapter 7 it says:
 
 11 And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people.
 12 And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities.
Then, I love these words found in chapter 40.
11... -- Behold, it has been made known unto me by an angel, that the spirits of all men, as soon as they are departed from this mortal body, yea, the spirits of all men, whether they be good or evil, are taken home to that God who gave them life.
 12 And then shall it come to pass, that the spirits of those who are righteous are received into a state of happiness, which is called paradise, a state of rest, a state of peace, where they shall rest from all their troubles and from all care, and sorrow.
and I absolutely cherish the words of Moroni 10
 32 Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God.
 33 And again, if ye by the grace of God are perfect in Christ, and deny not his power, then are ye sanctified in Christ by the grace of God, through the shedding of the blood of Christ, which is in the covenant of the Father unto the remission of your sins, that ye become holy, without spot.
 34 And now I bid unto all, farewell. I soon go to rest in the paradise of God, until my spirit and body shall again reunite, and I am brought forth triumphant through the air, to meet you before the pleasing bar of the great Jehovah, the Eternal Judge of both quick and dead. Amen.
This is the example the scriptures have left us, as well as grandpa. He loves the Lord and has served him faithfully all his life, may we all learn from his Christ like example.
 
The week ended with the baptism of German it turned out very well. Christian the man that was baptized two weeks ago baptized him so it was very special for us. I was able to do the confirmation for him and it was just a great way to end off the week.

I thank you all for your support. I feel your prayers daily. Missionary work isn't just a missionary affair, it's a family affair so I thank you for all you do to support me. I love being here. Everyday is more and more special and sacred for me.
Hope you all have a great week.
-Love 
Elder Stevenson
 
 
 
Quick funny story, at the church the water comes out brown sometimes. So we started filling the font for the baptism and it turnded brown. = /  So we tried pulling the plug and it broke! I had to get in to pull it.



No comments:

Post a Comment