Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mother's Day Call

Hola Familia! It's so good to see you! Can you tell how tan I've gotten since coming to Gran Canaria? It's so beautiful here. I love it. Everyday I am surrounded by beauty, I look one direction and see the ocean and the other and I am surrounded by mountains.

I can't believe how big my nephews are! It's hard to believe there are 3 who haven't met me yet! Mom, you need a new picture of you and Dad with all of the grandkids!


When I found out I was going to be transferred Elder Hawks guessed I was coming here. All of his other comps have served here sometime in their mission. So he guessed the same for me and he was right. I didn't think I would because I don't have many months left missionaries usually serve here for several months because the airfare is a little pricey.  

The food here is different than on the peninsula. There's this one dish here called ...which translates into English as dirty laundry, it's supposed to be really good so I really want to try it.


The branch (congregation) here is small but growing, they are hoping to make it a ward by the end of the year. The Stake President is in our branch. He's pretty young and travels to all of the islands for ward conferences and visits...the building has really good  wifi and is set up for Skyppe they do some of their leadership and training meetings via Skyppe because members are located on different islands. Stake conference is broadcast to each of the builds so travel won't be a hardship for the members. The branch covers a really large area so some days we walk more than 10 miles. I wore out a pair of my shoes but I still have another...so it's good....



Best part of Mother's Day! We Skyppe'd with him for about 45 minutes.  So good to hear his voice and to see his tan, energetic, smiling face.

No comments:

Post a Comment