Monday, June 22, 2015

#3 Jesus Christ is the Savior and Redeemer of the world and we all need His atonement.

Final interview with President Jackson

Hello family!

I decided to choose this for one of my top 10 because on the mission I
have really been able to understand his atonement more and I have a
greater desire to share that with others. Because He sacrificed for us
He has infinite love for us. His love is limitless and so through His 
so can ours. I had my last interview with President Jackson. We were
talking a lot on how we can apply the things we have learned on our
mission into our lives after we return and he told me to keep loving and 

serving others and to keep being happy. And I have never been happier then
when I have seen someone take advantage of the atonement, by
repenting, and being baptized. It's an eternal happiness.

15 And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying
repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me,
how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!

16 And now, if your joy will be great with one soul that you have
brought unto me into the kingdom of my Father, how great will be your
joy if you should bring many souls unto me!
Doctrine & Covenants 18:15-16



I'm writing this email while on my way to the mountains! I went on companion exchanges and there is a member there that was asking me what were some   p-day activities that I wanted to do. I said I always wanted to go to Roque Nublo and so they said they would take us! So we are on our way up.


We had a pretty good week this week. Like I said on Tuesday I did a companion exchange went down to Vecindario/ Maspalomas and we had a pretty good day! First went to go pass by a Swedish man but he wasn't home so we went and met with a less active family from Paraguay. They were super nice we shared the talk "Ye Are No More Strangers", it went really well. Then we went and taught another less active family. The ones taking us up the mountain. We shared with them how reading and praying will help strengthen the spirit in their home.

We had a super cool miracle this week. On Wednesday, we were doing some pass bys trying to find less actives. We were looking forever for one address and when we finally found it after an hour, it was fake! So we sat down on a bench to rest really quick and the Las Palmas soccer team was playing and scored a goal and so a guy stuck his head out the window cheering. Then his wife stuck her head out the window and told us to come up! So we went. She is a member and he isn't so we were able to teach him. It was really cool.

Big Set of Stairs!

It was pretty weird this week the Jacksons came down to the Islands to do interviews with all the missionaries. It was really weird having my exit interview but we had a nice talk. I'm very thankful for the Jacksons for all they have done for us. We had a nice time with them. 

We met with a couple of our investigators just trying to do everything possible to help them progress. Other than that it has been a pretty normal week. Yesterday was super hard because Las Palmas won their game. They are moving up to the first division with Real Madrid and Barça so everyone was drunk and partying. Crazy day! Hope everyone has a great week. 

Love you all!
-Elder Stevenson












Two p days ago a hike in Tenteniguada



No comments:

Post a Comment